Sunday, January 2, 2011

My 2011 Resolutions

It’s probably not a good idea to resolve to do too much. If I write down everything I hope to accomplish  this year, I’m likely to disappoint or embarrass myself, so I’m keeping my list modest.

Travel. It’s very depressing to look back on last year and realize we didn’t go anywhere (because I was pregnant?). Very regrettable. We’ve definitely got to go somewhere this year.

See my sister. It’s been so long I don’t even remember the last time; 6 years at least (think more). Clark's never even met her!

Be a good mother. This year is going to be chock-full of important milestones and I imagine that with proper parenting skills, I can help Logan reach all of them: sitting up, eating solids, crawling, walking, talking, etc.

Rejoin the workforce. I haven’t had a ‘regular’ job in six months and I miss it. I like working. I’ve done my fair share of temping in the last couple of months, but I want to contribute more to our household income and get back into full-time teaching. I’m looking forward to my new job starting in March.

Cook more. My mother cooked 2-3 meals a day for us when she was here last fall. I average about 1. I’m pretty good about making Clark’s lunchboxes (he loves pastas & stir-frys), but I haven’t been cooking as many ‘family’ meals as I probably should. I want to bake more, too (easier said than done in Korea, where baking supplies & ingredients aren’t what one would call 'abundant').

Study. 2011 is the year to start working toward my MA. It's been a LONG time coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment