Monday, March 21, 2011

Room 17101

Does anyone else find this strange? I recently stumbled upon this room in the same building where my office is located. The sign says "female student lounge", which I suppose isn't really all the unusual (until you open the door)...


To me, it seems a more fitting place for Elle Woods' dog, Bruiser, than it does for a bunch of Korean University students.


Yes, that's a real bathtub under the chandelier in the center of the room.


I've come to notice that it's generally a pretty popular and crowded place, but I snapped these photos early; just a little after 9am (presumably when most students are in class or still in bed).

The ondol floor heating is always cranked, making it stuffy and hard to breathe, and a colleague told me the primary purpose of the room is for the ladies to sit on the heated floor to relieve any discomfort they may experience during that 'special' time of the month.

Hmmph.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! That is too funny Sarah! Man I wish we had rooms like that at aurora high or univ, we'd all have such a giggle at having a special room for our special time.... :) Oh yes we'd all be lying on our bellies to let the heat of the floor work it's magic on our aching cramping ovaries! ;)

    ReplyDelete